3) Never train the same muscle group 2 days in a row.
4) Strength train at least twice a week.
5) Always use slow and controlled form. Never allow momentum to rob you of your efforts. Always use proper technique moving your joints through their full range of motion.
6) Work large muscle groups, ., chest, back, and shoulders before small ones, ., biceps and triceps.
7) When using strength training machines, do not let the weight stack touch on the machines between reps.
8) Choose a weight that makes 8-12 repetitions a challenge. The last two reps need to be very difficult to perform but still doable in good form. If you cannot pull out at least 8, it is too heavy, and if you can pull out more than 12, it is too light.
9) Breathe naturally. If you find yourself holding your breath, exhale on exertion.
10) Do at least 1-2 sets of each exercise, resting 30-60 seconds between sets, using this time to stretch.
11) Don’t forget to stretch the muscle group that was just worked between sets.
12) Do core (abs and lower back) exercises at least 2 or 3 times per week, working up to as many as 25 repetitions for abs per set, in very slow and controlled form.